Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thing Number Seventeen | Technology

“Hi, my name is Marie and I’m an iPad addict.” 

“Hi, Marie.”

I admit it; I am an iPad addict. Jon swears I am going to wear the iPad out and he might be right. We held out for a loooooong time. I wanted to get one as a joint Christmas gift to ourselves but we decided we didn’t need it. Then, just before the New iPad came out (Really, Apple? Who do you think you’re fooling? Everyone knows it’s the iPad 3) the prices dropped on the iPad 2 and we got one. And I looooooooove it. I really love it. It’s kind of a thing that I might need to work on.

But it’s so convenient! I don’t have to wait for it to warm up! I open up the smart cover and it there it is! It’s on! And there I am, reading all my blogs, doing some on-line shopping, reading my iBooks or books on my Kindle app, playing Angry Birds or Scramble or Solitaire or maybe even some Fruit Ninja. I really enjoy (and am often frustrated by) Angry Birds and it makes sense to me. Birds who are pissed off at pigs who have stolen their eggs? Yes. But Fruit Ninja? Slicing fruit? I don’t really get it but I admit that it amuses me.

I check my e-mail first thing in the morning on the iPad (lately to read Ali’s latest “31 Things” prompt). Then I let Jon have it for a while so he can read the paper on it. After he’s done, I usually get in some more e-mail or blog time before work. When I come home from work, I generally check my e-mail again. After dinner, I read the blogs I missed in the morning.

I thought my iPhone was revolutionary (and I had resisted that purchase because, prior to owning one, I didn’t think it was that big a deal). Amazing! A phone that connected to the internet! I could read my blogs in teeny tiny type on my phone! Love it! Then we got the iPad and my iPhone was relegated to second place. I don’t know what I would do without my iPad.

“Hi, my name is Marie and I’m an iPad addict.”

“Hi, Marie.”

No comments:

Post a Comment