Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thing Number Six | Me

Age  |  39. I will turn 40 in four months.

Favorite part of my day  |  Whenever Jon and I are cuddled up in bed together, morning or evening.

Loving  |  Our Bible Study group. We still regularly attend church but our true fellowship happens at Bible Study.

Longing for  |  Summer vacation. Longing for it with every fiber of my being.

Inspired by  |  All the stories posted by the women in the “31 Things” class.

Dreaming of  |  A superlative 40th birthday gift. I think I deserve it!

Needing  |  To pick up my stupid, lame, clearly unnecessary birth control prescription.

Navigating  |  The transition to 40. Leaving behind dreams from my twenties that I carried into my thirties and are now dead weight:  wanting to have a baby, wanting to live out-of-state, wanting a bigger/better/shinier/showier house, wanting a new career. All that wanting has got to go. Changes will come when and if they come.

Struggling with  |  The fact that Jon and I will make significantly less money next year. I hate this economy.

Knowing  |  That God is in control. I’m just along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment